Skip to main content

Tinky Winky Chronicles

This post is not about fashion or style.  I am sharing you my precious gem that has somehow been a lucky charm since the day I decided to welcome her into my life.  She may be another ordinary being, but she is special to us.

I have always been happy just by seeing a cat.  My very first pet cat was back in my kindergarten years. We named her Jinky.  She was able to spent a couple of years with us and have given birth to a number of kittens, which were either forcefully thrown away by our neighbor or have gone amiss and lost. I really could not remember when did Jinky left us and possibly she may be dead by now.

January of this year, I never expected to embrace a kitten again into my life. We rescued her from her near death experience.  I remembered that I promised to myself, that if this cat will not be hit by the truck, I will adopt her.  And so I did.

Everyone, meet my TINKY WINKY!

 I do not exactly know her breed, but with my internet researches, she's sort of in between the shorthair and a bobtail breed with tabby patterns on her coat.  I guess I have to visit a vet and have her officially classified. lol :)

 When we adopted her, her eyes were still closed.  She was so fragile.  Pity and confusion (as to how will I take care of her) was overwhelming me at that time.
There's a belief that pets should not be photographed since it will lead them to their death.  I somehow believed on this since previous stray cats that came to our house died after days of capturing them with my camera.  Since I in direly needed and desired to let Tinky Winky lived longer, it took me 3 months to finally decide risking her life and had her first photo shoot.  The three photos above were taken last March 2014.  

 Tinky Winky was already in her third month from the time we adopted her in this photo, and this was the first time that she saw herself on the mirror.  She paused a few seconds staring on the image she saw at the mirror.  ("Oh, I never thought that I am cute").


On her fourth (human) month, I had another photo shoot for her.  She loves playing anything that moves when she touches it, like this dried leaf.

 The kitten that moves like a kangaroo. 

Tinky Winky at five (human) months old.
 As she grows, we have observed that she rarely ''meows''.  We thought she meows when she's alone, but we realized, she do not know how to do that sound.  I have read that cats do make several vocalizations but there are only three major categorization of the sounds that they produce.

According to Wikipedia: 
Schötz categorised vocalizations according to 3 mouth actions: (1) sounds produced with the mouth closed (murmurs), including the purr, the trill and the chirrup, (2) sounds produced with the mouth open and gradually closing, comprising a large variety of meows with similar vowel patterns, and (3) sounds produced with the mouth held tensely open in the same position, often uttered in aggressive situations (growls, yowls, snarls, hisses, spits and shrieks).[2]

Tinky Winky becomes more special since she only knows the 1st and 3rd kinds of sound.  She's such a silent type.  Some expert vet says, it is normal for cats to be silent and not meoow.  
 We tried to teach her the meoow sound, but we did not exert extra effort to do so.  We just allowed her to be it, to be silent and special.

Tinky Winky at seven (human) months old.
 According to www.catster.com:
A popular misconception is that cats age seven years (in human years) for each calendar year. In fact, feline aging is much more rapid during the first two years of life.
A cat reaches the approximate human age of 15 during its first year, then 24 at age 2. Each year thereafter, it ages approximately four "cat years" for every calendar year. Thus, a 5-year-old feline would be approximately 36 in cat years.
Note: It should be remembered that a cat who lives outdoors ages far more quickly, perhaps even twice as fast, than an indoor cat.
 The illustration below helps you calculate your cat's age. (www.catster.com)

This is the latest photo of Tinky Winky.  She's in her nine (human) months = 12 cat years now.  She has finally grown into an eligible cat.



We usually bathe her once a month and chain her afterwards so that she will not get filthy.  When her coat is fully dried, we send her back to her cute wooden abode, shackle-free.








Hope you enjoyed reading about Tinky Winky and getting to know her. Do keep coming back for more of her cat chronicles.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eight Reasons Why Thailand Is Indeed Amazing

Thailand has been dubbed as the Land of Smiles and its catchy tag line is "Amazing Thailand" .  I have gone to Bangkok , the capital of Thailand, three times and my latest trip last January of this year was unbelievably filled with all the fun, adventure and terrific blissful moments that are worth for keeps in my yottabye memory. Without hesitation and with confidence, I certainly agree that Thailand is indeed an amazing place to spend time for vacation and even a pleasant place to settle down.  Though I've only been in Bangkok (and in Nonthaburi), but Bangkok offers all the reasons why I should keep visiting to their capital and to their country as well. With my phenomenal experiences, I am revealing my top 8 reasons why Thailand is Indeed Amazing. (1) The PLACE The land area of Bangkok is really vast, and the place that I would love to go back again and again is the area of SIAM.  I find it as the heart of Bangkok.  This is where shopp

Exploring the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

As tourists, it is but normal to always visit the top tourist destinations of the place where you are traveling to especially if it is your first time in that particular city / country.  So when we have the best chance to explore the capital of the state of Georgia, U.S.A. which is Atlanta, travel recommendation list for the top places to see in Atlanta have led us to step into the WORLD OF COCA-COLA ! Here's a quick overview of this famous attraction in Atlanta: The World of Coca-Cola is a museum, located in Atlanta, Georgia, showcasing the history of The Coca-Cola Company.  Wikipedia Address :  121 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 Opened :  August 3, 1990 Phone :  +1 404-676-5151 Owner :  The Coca-Cola Company Floor count :  2 Did you know :  The original World of Coca-Cola saw around nine million visitors during its years of operation, becoming Atlanta's most visited indoor attraction. wikipedia.org It was a brig

Shopping in Woodstock and Kennesaw, Georgia, U.S.A.

Woodstock is a city in Cherokee County, Georgia , United States. The population was 29,898 at the 2015 census . Originally a stop on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, Woodstock is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. And  Kennesaw is a city northwest of Atlanta, Georgia. The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History displays weapons and a steam locomotive.  When I travel, aside from exploring famous tourist attractions of the place, my next favorite must-do is Shopping! When in the cities Woodstock and Kennesaw in the state of Georgia, you will be amazed with the wide array of shopping destinations which are just a few meters drive away from each other. My three-week vacation in Woodstock had allowed me to explore the varied shopping establishments of the cities of Woodstock and Kennesaw.   Below is the summarized list of the type shops and the names of the specific commercial establishments that I have visited and shopped at and further below are the snap